2 Best Tooth Decay Treatment at Home to Prevent CavitiesSanjoy
Tooth decay is the gradual damage to your enamel due to bacterial infection, receding gums, plaque buildup, or acid accumulation on the teeth. Tooth decay is a kind of the first stage of permanent tooth loss.
How Tooth Decay can cause cavities?
If Tooth decay is not treated properly or ignored, it causes tiny holes in the teeth called cavities.
When these cavities are not treated or not taken care of in the early stages, they may grow larger in size and eventually destroy entire teeth.
Tooth Decay Treatment at Home:
Ingredients for Tooth Decay treatment at home:
In Ayurveda, Turmeric is widely used to provide relief from various tooth ailments like cavities. It has strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent and heal tooth decay.
Remember Turmeric won’t stain natural teeth. But you have any Dental caps or crowns, you might want to avoid this.
Neem twigs are used for centuries in India to maintain oral Hygiene. These bitter-tasting leaves can kill plaque-causing bacteria and clear away tartar accumulation.
It can remove any type of oral infection, prevent bleeding gums and sore gums. Moreover, it works effectively against tooth decay.
Cloves contain a compound called eugenol, which has antibacterial and antifungal activity. It is very effective for tooth pain, gum recession, gum infection, and tooth decay. We require ground cloves for our recipe.
Sesame oil is very effective for gingivitis and plaque removal. It has strong antimicrobial properties that can kill various types of bacteria like Streptococcus and its mutants.
Not only has that it also treated bad breath and tooth decay.
Remedies for Tooth Decay Treatment at Home:
Remedy 1: Turmeric-Neem paste
- In a small glass bowl or plate, take very little less than a quarter teaspoon of Turmeric.
- To this add equal amounts of Neem powder. Neem is so bitter, so be prepared to taste some bitterness.
- Now add equal amounts of finely ground cloves powder. You can make this powder by grinding whole cloves at home. Also, you can get ground cloves directly from the store.
- Now add a few drops of Sesame oil (around half teaspoon) which is enough to mix all these powders. Alternatives for sesame oil are coconut oil, Olive oil or Mustard Oil.
- Mix everything to form a nice paste like this.
- Now take an ultra-soft or extra soft bristles toothbrush. Dip it inside this and grab a generous amount of this paste.
- Brush your teeth gently using this paste.
- Leave it on like that for 2 minutes and then rinse away with fresh water.
Note: Don’t be aggressive, just brush as if you are simply massaging teeth and gums. Cover all the teeth while mainly focusing on the teeth with cavities. Just brush for 1 minute. Use Caution while handling turmeric as it can stain clothes, countertops, and even toothbrush.
Remedy 2: Salt Water Rinse
- Take Himalayan Pink Salt. (You can use sea salt or regular salt also for this purpose.)
- In a small glass of water, add ½ teaspoon of this pink salt. Mix it well until salt dissolves fully.
- Now take this into mouth, swish for a couple of times and spit it away.
- Rinse again with fresh water.
- When you do these two steps, you can say good bye to tooth decay and slowly heal cavities and prevent them from growing larger.
In the conclusion, it is very important to treat tooth decay properly. Taking tooth decay seriously and treating it in a proper manner can prevent cavities and damage to the teeth. Also, it prevents unbearable tooth pain.
Following is the tooth decay treatment at home that can be done to prevent tooth decay.
- Turmeric-Neem Paste, and
Salt Water Rinse.